Wednesday, February 29, 2012

White or Glazed/Antique??






I've dismanted 1/3 of my kitchen and have done 2 coats of the base coat. I'm now at the point where I have to decide whether to keep the cabinets Quilter's White, or add some glazing to give them an antique finish.... if I keep them white, I will have to finish them with one more coat, as two coats doesn't cover that well. (And not to mention I will have to buy another $100 kit because I'll run out of stuff.)

What do you think of the glazed cabinets? Suggestions? I really wanted a clean, crisp white kitchen but maybe the cabinets will be too "flat" and lack dimension... but I haven't decided if I like the glazed look! Help please!!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Bonita...if it counts for anything...we like the white...my hubby sprays cabinets for a living and says glazed looks dirty...just an opinion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - glazed doesn't really look clean - Alisa S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://thedomesticdiva.wordpress.com/2011/07/04/divas-rust-oleum-cabinet-transformation/

      I don't know if this link will work... but this woman used the same cabinet transformation stuff and did the glazing. I like her kitchen alot!

      Delete
  3. I think I'd stick with white. I also find that glazed cabinets look a bit dirty. Or rustic, like a French country kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I've decided to go with the antique look after all, despite the polls! :-) I think it will fit the style of our house better and also not show the fingerprints as much. And maybe warmer too? And who am I kidding... crisp, clean white just isn't me. :-) Thanks for your comments... on to final top coat for this section, and then I have to wait for it to dry before I hang them up, possibly on Saturday. Then I tackle the next 1/3 section.... it's a very looooong process!

    ReplyDelete