Friday, February 10, 2012

First Coat....






Okay, so here's my kitchen now... Lisa gave me a bucket of leftover "khaki" paint last night so today I did my first coat. What do you think? Too brown? Keep in mind that I will be painting my cabinets white-ish eventually.

Beige/khaki/brown wasn't my first choice in colour but I was having such a hard time finding a colour that worked with my existing "stuff"... I initially wanted something clean, fresh and brighter than my old colour. But maybe this is colour isn't so bad?

I don't know if I have enough to do a second coat, so either way I think I will be buying some paint. Either in this colour or something lighter/different.... let me know what you think!

5 comments:

  1. are the top 2 pictures the same colour as the bottom? I really like the bottom, especially picturing your cabinets lighter. But I am an 'earthy' type girl. Honestly, it doesn't sound like you're sold on it. And you're the one who has to look at it every day for the next ??? years. Go with your gut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the pictures are all the same paint colour... think it's just a case of bad lighting! :-) But anyway, the colour is definitely growing on me. I always tend towards "earthy" as well, and the khaki goes good with the ceramic tile floor, the funny coloured counters and the burgundy banquette. And let's face it, I'm not a pristine, crisp white kinda gal anyways... as you can see by the photos! LOL Thanks for the comments, and I think I'll start the 2nd coat now!

      Delete
  2. Wow!You go girl, I have lived with this color in my house for a couple of years and happy to have given you the last of the bucket. I did love the color when I did it just in need of a change. It makes the cabinets look fresh and if you do go with this color its going to look really good with your new lighting. I am picturing your lamp going over the table and it's going to look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm done!! With just a bit of paint to spare... which I will need to paint behind the fridge once Rodger has a few minutes to help me. Can't wait to put up my new lighting, it's gonna look awesome! Thanks for the paint Lisa.... I owe you some lunch, me thinks!!

      Delete
  3. What a lot of work! But it's always worth it once it's done.

    ReplyDelete