Monday, May 3, 2010

Baaaa



What a busy Sunday! Regular church stresses (we hosted GEMS Sunday, which resulted in a million extra kids downstairs!, followed by coffee & lunch at a lovely couple's home. The kids were kept busy with a mammoth Lego bucket which is normally reserved for the Koot's grandchildren.

But the highlight of the day was our trip to Cobble Hill to see the Jacobsens and their new lambs! I think I was more excited than the kids, actually! The kids got to hold a lamb that was born that morning, and I cuddled one that was 2 days old - you can't get much fresher than that!!


Before we left, the kids helped me load up the back of the car with 5 garbage bags full of wool. I've promised 2 bags to an avid knitter (a fellow Deep Cove mom) and the rest is for me and friend J. We have no idea what we're going to do with the woolly stuff but we're super excited about the prospects! There is a new place downtown where you can go to learn how to spin wool, or you can rent their equipment...or they will do all the work for you (for a small fortune, I imagine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment