Saturday, November 13, 2010

Chaotic Creativity



It's always amazing to me that I can actually get anything accomplished in such a mess... but I do! And I'm also amazed when I see my crafty friends' organized craft spaces, and that they seem to have the time and patience to put things away as they use them. I can't work that way when I'm stamping... I need everything out and within arms reach at all times. Maybe it's because I have no plan when I start, and they do?? And somehow I (mostly) know where everything is.




Today I'm working on my Christmas Card workshop cards, and this is what I've come up with:



I may tweak them a bit but I think they're okay... what do you think? Comments? I have a couple of "virgin" stampers coming, as well as experienced ones so it's always a challenge to come up with cards that cater to everyone. I'm excited about Thursday night - it's been a long time since I've had a Card Night here and I've missed playing with my friends!! Better go out and get a big bag of Ju Jubes for the party - they're a staple for these kinds of nights!

3 comments:

  1. I like the blue and brown one.

    Remember to show the newbies how to tie those bows. I really struggled with that last year at a workshop until another attehndee showed me how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ev, you'll notice there are NO bows on my cards... just a big knot, which will land anyway it decides to! I cannot tie a bow to save my life... maybe you can teach me the trick??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sorry. Now that I look closely, mine are the same knots are yours. But even those I found hard to do. I was finally told to tye a short ribbon around a longer one and trim it. That was the trick. Before that I was trying to tie two long ribbons together and then trying to flatten the resulting knot into something nice. Does that make any sense?

    ReplyDelete