Monday, November 1, 2010

This and that for October

I don't know what I've been up to for the past couple of weeks, but apparently I was busy enough NOT to post anything. Let's see if I can remember some stuff...

Cameron's Grade 1 class is finally on the mend after having a lousy beginning. Long story short: his new teacher (who was also new to Deep Cove) ended up being sick all of September, except for maybe 5 days? As a result, he had a different teacher literally every day for the first month, which caused alot of anxiety with some of the kids and parents. (Cameron was fine, I was not!) So anyway, after 5 weeks of craziness, sick teacher when on leave of absence (no reason given) and we now have a lovely new teacher who is working out just great so far! I cannot wait for parent-teacher interviews next week though, it should be interesting. Other Cameron news: He lost his first 2 teeth within a few days of each other. Very exciting indeed, and I just love his goofy little smile!

(Yes, I do have 2 other kiddos: Simon and Ruby are fine! Nothing earth-shattering to report, which is good! :-) )

I hosted a Jolica Jewellery party and just received the order yesterday. Awesome, fairly traded jewellery, handbags, scarvs.... I love everything about this company's products and what they stand for. If you're interested, check out their website! http://www.jolica.com/

Neil, Shihgee, Jade and Sonja came to visit last weekend! We had a fantastic time together... filled with lots of good eating, drinking, playing and just hanging out! Wonton soup, beachcombing, Scrabble, wine, caramel apples, thrift stores, chips, pasta, playing with goats.... all in all, a fun-filled weekend! I hope they don't wait another 2 years to visit!

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
This digital scrapbooking design customized with Smilebox

2 comments:

  1. i was able to open the smile box! it was good, except the music choice. it gave me melancholy feel to it. maybe i'm just feeling homesick at the moment....anyways it was soo good to visit you guys, we need to definitely do some kind of camping trip and meet in the middle somewhere this summer!

    ReplyDelete