Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween

Halloween cannot start before we take our annual trip to the Pumpkin Patch. The weather was terrible so I was worried that a) we would never find a time to go when it wasn't raining, and 2) once we got there, would all the pumpkins be rotting in the field?? Well, I managed to find a time right after school one day to get them to the patch before it rained again, and even though some of the pumpkins were gross, there were still plenty of nice ones to choose from.

Cameron insisted on finding the biggest one he could. Isn't there a rule out there that says "if you can't carry it, you can't take it?" I somehow forgot about that rule, or maybe I was flustered by the constant whining, so I gave in and lugged the pumpkin to the wagon for him, getting my coat muddy in the process. Simon found a nice medium one, Ruby found a perfectly round little one, and we got a few assorted fun ones to look at and/or eat.


I left the photo-taking in Rodger's hands on Halloween, so we have 2 dark photos where you can hardly see what their costumes are! Oh well. Simon is a wizard, Cameron is a bat and Ruby is a ladybug.

We trick-or-treated with the neighbor kids behind us, and had a great time!! We managed to hit about 15 houses, which is alot given the distance between each house around here! And since there are very few kids in our neck of the woods, our kids benefited greatly with huge handfuls from each home. Ruby even ended up with more than the boys because she chatted and charmed each neighbor... as she loudly announced "I'm a ladybug!" and "I have 2 lollipops already" and on it went. After a leisure hour we headed to the bonfire and fireworks at the fire hall.

Halloween seemed to last from Friday to Sunday this year. It was a fun evening but I'm sure glad it's over for another year!

No comments:

Post a Comment