Monday, March 19, 2012

"Wing It" Chicken Noodle Soup

I'm only documenting this because my Chicken Soup actually worked pretty good tonight. So I want to remember what I did for the next time. Given the fact that I had no idea what I was going to make for dinner at 4:42 pm, I managed to pull together a culinary delight, and even the kids liked it! (Although Simon pointed out that it wasn't really soup, it was more like noodles with a bit of liquid.) Call it what you like, as long as you eat it! :-)


So, this is my "never been done before" recipe:

2 chicken breasts, cubed
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove

Cook that and then add (estimations):

1 tbsp. Epicure Curry Dip Mix
3 tsp. Epicure Chicken Bouillon
1 tsp. Coriander
Bit of Salt

Mix that up and then add:

3 celery sticks, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
Water - enough to cover liberally all ingredients.

Cook it until the veggies are tender

While simmering, throw in a whole bunch of instant noodles equal to about 3 pkgs. of the Ichiban size squares. Use whatever you have.

Cook for about 3 minutes, until noodles are soft. Then remove from heat and add a bit of 1/2 and 1/2 cream if desired - about 1/2 cup

I served it with homemade whole wheat biscuits.

Voila!

3 comments:

  1. Why can't I figure out how to edit my own post??

    Anyway, I forgot to mention that I added a whole bunch of dried Parsley! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cream in chicken noodle soup? Looks goof though...Jan

      Delete
  2. Cream is good in just about anything. The biscuits look really good. Who doesn't like warm biscuits with soup? I should make some to go with our chilli tonight.

    ReplyDelete