Sunday, September 25, 2011

Look what I made today


I'm so proud of myself... I was in the mood to sew this afternoon, as it was a kind of rainy Sunday and the fire was going. I bought the fabric panels last year and when I was in the quilt shop in West Kelowna with Shirley this summer, I found coordinating fabrics. So, without a plan, I started to cut/sew and this is what I came up with! I'm going to put it on the coffee table in the livingroom. I think it looks awesome, if I do say so myself! (The photo is actually quite dark, the colours in real life are a bit more vibrant.) Now I just have to get some backing fabric and quilt it... I'm going to try free-motion/stippling and see how it turns out. Better to try that on a small project, rather than a queen-size quilt! :-) I have 4 more flower panels and left-over fabric so I might make a smaller table runner for the kitchen... we'll see!

1 comment: