Monday, January 17, 2011

Not bad for a rainy Monday

My day started off pretty typical, except for the fact that I got out of bed 10 minutes earlier than usual... it's amazing how 10 minutes can make such a difference in how the morning routine goes! Maybe I'll try doing that again tomorrow... easier said than done of course! But one can try.

So I had a great day, even though it was a rainy Monday. After dropping the boys off at school, Ruby and I went straight home so I could do a 35 min. workout in the kitchen. She is a great little coach and is actually quite motivating to have around. She never lets me quit until the timer beeps, she runs around the house so I can chase her, and she periodically pipes up "good job mommy!" I love her. And she's WAAAAAY cheaper than a personal trainer. She is always rewarded by a few minutes of TV while I have a shower.

Than we went to Dina's house for tea and talked about our new venture... we've signed up to be an Epicure Consultant, along with Jan! If you don't know what that is, let me direct you to their website...

http://www.epicureselections.com/en/

I love, love, love their products for many reasons. The company is a local success story (I could walk to their head office/production facility in 8 min.), their products make cooking and entertaining a breeze, and almost everything I've tried has been so yummy! But I mostly love it because it really promotes healthy cooking, with no additives or preservatives. I could go on and on... and I probably will! So our first party is at the end of the month and we're going to invite all the Deep Cove moms to a Fiesta Night. It will be lots of fun! And if we sell anything, that will be a bonus. The three of us signed up to get a discount on the products, which is the main reason. But I'm sure we'll do a few parties if people ask!

From Dina's house, Ruby and headed to Brentwood Bay to get our hair cut. I was tired of fighting with Ruby's rat-nest hair and I was tired of my sad, overgrown do! Now we both look pretty!! And Ruby was rewarded with an orange lollipop for good behavour.

Since we had a few minutes before picking up the boys, we went to the Thrift Store in Brentwood. For $15 I walked away with a turquoise sweater, 2 pairs of jeans and a 2 piece linen-type jacket and pants. So happy with my purchases, although one pair of jeans are way too small... should've tried them on but for $2.50 I was too tired. Maybe I'll pass them on, or maybe they'll be incentive jeans?? I may keep them, because they are super cute and have bling down one side and on the back pockets.

And back to the Epicure stuff... I made the most yummy dinner! Yay me. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs with a BBQ rub, cauliflower pancakes served with applesauce, and leftover pasta with an alfredo/cheese sauce. All Epicure, and all super easy to prepare. Did I say Yay me??

Then the kids and I went into the hot tub before they went to bed. They were all sleeping peacefully by 7:45 and I have the house to myself until Rodger gets home from soccer at 9:30. Love, love having the evening to myself, because it's soooo rare!

And, after over a month of searching and searching, I think we've found a couple of really great spots for my family to have our Reunion this summer!! It has not been an easy task, but I've had help from Shirley, Rodger and brother Roger who gave us a good lead on a possibly location as well. Anyway, I'll be able to give mom and dad a few options for them to decide on, hopefully in the next day or so! So excited!! And once it's booked, it will be a huge weight off my shoulders.

Yup, it was a good day! A good day indeed.

2 comments:

  1. Epicure does have some good products. I was given a sample set of dip mixes, but in reality I don't make dips that often. It gave the kids some confidence in the kitchen over Christmas when we did mix up a few. Easy for me if the kids can do the work! Use that as a selling feature. :-)

    So, where's the reunion? Is it booked? Thanks for arranging that, by the way. I'm sure it will be lots of fun wherever we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ev, I'm sending out a note this weekend (hopefully) about the reunion...just sending in the paperwork today and mom is calling in the deposit! Stay tuned!

    Re: Epicure: I rarely use the stuff as dips... they have so many other uses and tons of great herb seasonings and stuff for baking. I used an Epicure dip on my roasted chicken last night, then added another one to my roasted potatoes... super yummy, healthy dinner. Anyway, I love the stuff!

    ReplyDelete