Friday, January 14, 2011

Lead me not into temptation

This week I've been busy playing with my mixer. It's lovely! But what is not lovely is the affect bread has on one's waistline... bread is evil.


I went on a bread diet this past week.... all I ate was bread. I couldn't help it. All that yummy warm bread slathered with melted butter....I'm drooling just thinking about it. My cooling rack always looks something like this, within minutes of coming out of the oven, one of the loaves has a big chunk taken out of it. How mysterious!

I dreaded going to WW last night, but Lisa made me go and face the scale. Oh yeah, it was BAD!! Did I already mention that bread is evil??

But it's a start of a new week for me and I'm going to try to get back on track.,,, my goal is to give the newly baked bread a chance to actually cool properly on the rack before I put them in the freezer or in the breadbox, without a big slab taken off. And I will also look Rodger in the eyes and say "I DO NOT NEED ANY BREAD." He loves it when I do that because it gives him permission to do whatever it takes to get me away from over-eating. And I'm not allowed to get mad at him when he does. Most of the time I don't hit him....

2 comments:

  1. Your bread looks so perfect! Obvioulsy you've figured out the KitchenAid. It's a gift you'll always love. Yvon and I are trying to eat wheat-free for various reasons and bread is no longer allowed. Poo! It's tough when I still have to bake it for the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word... no bread!! If I hear gluten-free one more time these days....augh.

    Yes, I'm enjoying my mixer and have tried a variety of recipes so far, out of the kitchen aid book. If you have any hearty bread recipes for me to try, let me know! I'm hoping to try more grainy stuff, and adding flax and nuts maybe. I've tried a whole wheat bread and it was good but there's no other whole wheat recipes in my book.

    ReplyDelete