Friday, April 10, 2015

The Mystery Unfolds....


January - all those triangles!!
I gotta tell you, this Mystery Quilt has tested me....   It's been tedious and difficult at times.  For someone who avoided all quilt patterns involving triangles like the plague, this project has forced me outside my box... outside my perfect little squares into squares made from teeny, tiny triangles that needed to be individually "squared off" one by one.  Millions of triangles that rarely line up.... ARGH!!





March... looking more like something!





I wanted to give up.  That's my nature.  I was starting to get overwhelmed and wondered if I really knew anything about quilting at all.... I am trying to be precise when I sew, so why isn't it lining up??  I've had to call Shirl for moral support a couple of times, and even called Michelle at the Quilt shop in Oliver for a pep talk!!



April - finally coming together!!  12X12 square

But all of a sudden, the little triangles started to look like something.  It finally became fun again.  WHEW!   We are nearing the final 2 installments so now it's really going to start to come together in the next couple of months.  I can't wait to see what it will look like!

Shirl's quilt is greens, greys and browns
Shirl sent me a photo of her pinwheel square, and it looks completely different.  How fun!!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment