Friday, March 27, 2015

Braces!

Happy "last day without braces" Simon!  Eat up!
Simon has always had the type of smile that lights up the room.... and those big dimples!!!  But we knew this day was coming for awhile.... braces! His pearly whites will be covered up for years.  Augh.

This braces thing, it's a big deal!  At least for me it is... For one thing, for my family growing up, there was only one kid (out of seven) who who was fortunate (?) enough to have braces.  The rest of us went to the dentist when we had to.... mostly when we had a toothache or needed a tooth pulled. Because of this, I have an extreme fear of the Dentist.  It's horrible, and I hate my teeth... with a passion.... several teeth are missing for whatever reason, I have tons of cavities, I even have a partial denture because of adult teeth than never came in.... a genetic thing.  I still have a baby tooth!  My mouth is basically a mess.  So anyway, I'm getting off topic a bit!! 



I was so nervous and anxious about Simon getting braces.  But I am also super excited to see how the shape of his mouth has already changed in such a short time.  It'll be so nice when he can chew his food properly, and maybe even breath better!  He was such a trooper and took it all in stride.  His mouth was so sore that he couldn't even bite into a banana for at least 5 days afterwards.  But it got better very quickly and he doesn't think about them too much.  He's looking forward to having the expander removed soon... that's the worst part!  He's had that in his mouth since January.


First day with his braces!
 When Ruby saw Simon with his braces she exclaimed, "WHOA!!  You look like a teenager!"  That's for sure.  A super handsome teenager.


No comments:

Post a Comment