Saturday, April 30, 2011

Value Village and Royalty in one day

Thursday I spent a lovely evening with my dear friend Melissa at our most favourite store... Value Village, or the VV Boutique (sounds better.) I had a "30% off everything card" which needed to be used by the end of April, so we just managed to squeak in a date before it expired. I loaded up the cart 'til overflowing and we headed to the change rooms. Melissa didn't end up with anything but I managed to spend a good chunk of money, as always! :-) But for 30% off, how can you go wrong?? I am still kicking myself for not buying a couple more things that I was waffling about... seriously, who waffles about a $6 dressy top?? Me. I can be so cheap sometimes. Anyway, I was happy with my purchases: 2 pairs of longer-style shorts, 1 pair capris, 1 unlined summer jacket and 1 lined black jacket, which I hope is at least water-resistant (my "score!" purchase). Total $41.56. So happy!

Now I think I am set for the Spring and hopefully Summer too... using mostly hand-me-downs and Thrift Store/Consignment store purchases. I also bought a few new items from an actual store as well! :-) I am also counting on the fact that I will have lost a teeny bit more in the next couple of months in order to wear my shorts from last year. I can do it. I am happy with my wardrobe right now, which I haven't been able to say for a very long time.

After VV Boutique we went to White Spot, sterilizing our hands before we sat down to share some yummy zoo sticks and chicken fingers. What a fun evening.

That night I couldn't sleep if my life depended on it. It happens fairly regularly but this time I was annoyed because I was really tired. at 12:30 am I finally decided to get up and hang out on the couch... then I suddenly realized that it was the Royal Wedding "day"! Lucky me, I had something interesting to watch and suddenly I wasn't tired at all. So for the first time in a decade (at least) I pulled an all-nighter and watched Prince William marry his Princess. What a lovely wedding. Kate looked gorgeous and William was dashing in his uniform. And all those gorgeous hats - what a sight! It was fun to be a part the day in a small way, and to see the unbelievably huge crowd that had gathered for days beforehand to catch a glimpse (if they were lucky) of the royal couple. A truly magical fairy tale wedding.

Friday was a long day, considering I hadn't slept. But i made it through and went to bed very early. I think I actually slept quite well and I'm feeling slighly refreshed this morning. The sunshine helps too!! (Don't get me started about the crappy weather we've been having!! Seriously!) Today I plan to exercise with the kids in the yard before my morning shower, then clean up the house a bit before taking Cameron to a birthday party down the road. During the party I will go into Sidney and try to scrounge together a few gifts for Ruby's birthday next Friday. I hope I can get what I need in town, because I don't want to have to drive into Victoria on one of my evenings next week. Buddies Toys, don't let me down!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like I'm reading about myself - also a girl who lives off thrift store buys and hand me downs, and spends many a wee hour on the couch when my wired mind won't let my tired body sleep.

    Hope you're enjoying your summer (and got yourself into that pair of shorts :)

    ReplyDelete