Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hats

I am wearing too many hats these days... something's gotta give. Well, some things have gone already, but I want those things back. Which is why I need to get rid of some hats. But I'm not sure how, or when.

Obviously I have to keep the mom hat. It's attached to my head permanently with some crazy=glue... like toupee type glue. (Do people actually use glue on their scalps to keep those rugs on?? Mmmm... I'll have to google that sometime. Or ask a certain family member, after I've had too much wine.)

But I have all these other random hats which I keep wearing on occasion, but do I really like those hats anymore? Did my head outgrow them, did my style change or did the hat just become too big and bulky?

I've worn the Stampin' Up hat for 6 years now... happy anniversary to me! And I've had so much fun with it and met some awesome people through that little venture. But these days I don't seem to have much time to enjoy that hat... no motivation to scrapbook or "play" with my stuff. Should I let that hat go??

Then there's a relatively new hat which smells of Epicure spices. Mmmm... I love food. And I love this new venture! I went to an Epicure meeting a few weeks ago and was awarded with top sales for February and March in our Unit. Kind of comical really... doesn't say much for the other consultants! But who cares, I got a nifty pen and a certificate! :-)

My brand new hat is a working hat. I've been doing some work for Rodger for the past month, and it's been interesting so far. It's flexible, I can work for an hour here and there and mostly it's been working out okay. But it's difficult with Ruby around, so she ends up watching TV more than usual. Not tons, but more than normal. She doesn't mind, but I do. I like the prospect of making a bit of money for myself (well, it will actually go into the financial abyss of "the pot") but it's just another thing that's crowding up my brain these days. Another thing to think about. Augh.

And then there's the big, floppy, heavy Sunday School hat. This is the hat that I am hoping to toss away by the end of June. I've had this hat on 24/7 for 3 years and I've had enough. I'm so tired of my hat-head. But I can't just throw away the hat, I need to give it to someone... who will that be? Only God knows. And He better come through soon so I can stop stressing about it.

Of course there are other hats that I wear. And right now, it's too many. But I'm hoping that with some Spring cleaning of hats, I will have time to do the things that I've missed doing... I need therapy soon!!! And by therapy, I mean putting on a funky, creative hat and doing some serious scrapbooking... or quilting... or cardmaking... or even painting again. Sigh.. that sounds awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Weird how quickly we run out of time to do the things we actually enjoy doing. I dream of one day having enough money to pay someone else to clean my house. That's a hat I'd be happy to never see again!

    Were you able to find someone to take over the Sunday school responsibilities? Tuesday I plan to go to a meeting at our church to discuss their desperate need for parent involvement in the kids programs. Working full-time in Canada, and now being new in a church I have yet to become 'involved'. You've kind of scared me now :)

    ReplyDelete