Monday, September 6, 2010

Signs of Fall

I have to admit, I really, really don't like September. September means the end of glorious, relaxing Summer days with no agendas or filled up calendars... with "Happy Hour(s)" in the backyard, camping with friends, day-trips to the lake or at the beach, and warm summer evenings. And SUNSHINE!

And September means school... when my drill sergeant nature really shines and kicks into highgear. Augh. I have never been, and never will be, a morning person. Ask anyone who knows me well, and they will wholeheartedly agree.

Random Thoughts for the Day:

- It's raining on the last day of Summer vacation... how lame is that?
- Cranking up the tent trailer, one last time for the season, to clean it up and get it ready for a long winter.... heartbreaking.
- Our Cable was cut off for the Summer and I was the only one who missed it.
- My mind is reeling with the project possibilities for the Fall. Finish my patchy lap quilt, start a quilt for the boys, knit something cool?
- Our family played thousands of games of UNO this Summer, Simon knows how to shuffle cards like a pro (look out Vegas), and Cameron learned to snap his fingers.

Wow, these really are random thoughts. Anyway, I just wanted to jot these down before I forget the little things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment