Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Off to School


Wow... I cannot believe it's time to send the kids to school today. Summer is officially over, with a BANG... a wet, soggy, bang. No gradual entry into Fall. Yuck.

However, I am trying to find the excitement, because the boys are. Cameron is the most excited about eating lunch at school and having big recess... that's what it's all about for a First Grader after all! Simon is looking forward to being with friends again and is anxious to know who will be in his class this year. Having said that, he doesn't really care that much, because at this point in his Grade 3 life, he doesn't have only 1 buddy that he "needs" to be with... he just enjoys playing with any kid who will pick up a hockey stick or soccer ball and join in the game!

It's going to be an interesting year, with having Ruby all to myself during the day. She's going to really miss her buddies but I'm hoping she'll also enjoy some time to herself, with no sharing of toys! There may be the odd occasion when I may have to actually entertain her though.... yikes. I don't do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment