Thursday, June 3, 2010

Serious lack of Vitamin D

I've had a few bad mom days lately... and I'm going to blame it on 2 things: 1) Rain, and 2) more rain.

Rain, rain.... GO AWAY!!! Seriously - enough already!!

Yes, I would like some cheese with my wine... er... whine.

The sun made a very brief appearance this afternoon and I ran out the door to catch it before it disappeared behind a nasty black cloud again. I think I even knocked one of my kids out of my way in the process.

So anyway, I finally planted the kids' tomato plants in their appropriate pots, as well as a pot of carrots and potatoes. I also replante4d more radishes, spinach and lettuce. I'm a newbie gardener so I wasn't sure what to do with my spinach... it was quite leggy and already starting to go to seed, even though I was only able to pick half a bowl of spinach so far. I decided that it was because of the lack of sunshine? So I pulled it out and replanted it - and we'll see what happens.

Today Ruby and I went to Friendship Community Church so I could attend a Beth Moore video series with another Kindergarten mom. It's sort of like our Coffee Break, and since I haven't been able to go to our bible study on Wednesdays this year, I thought I would give this a try. It's a 4 week series and so far it's quite interesting. Ruby enjoyed playing the nursery with her two buddies, and was babysat by a home-schooled teenager for an hour. It worked out great, and it was a nice break for me.

Tonight I need to work on some Sunday School stuff, so I will stop procrastinating and get to work! But first, I'll make myself some tea, put on some long pants and socks... because it's Winter!

Enough whining. Actually, I feel much better now. Writing is good therapy... I think my mom taught me that.

5 comments:

  1. It's been smokin hot here...we've had A full summer already! But now it's normal temp and rainy so it feels cold. Guess I know hoe you feel is the point of this rambling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spinach usually bolts and goes to seed when the weather is too hot. It likes slow growth on cool days. You could have cut it off and let it regrow - it will keep growing off the same root all summer.

    We've been having rain too. I'll have to write a post and see if that cheers me up at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ev, we haven't had any hot days so that's why I'm wondering why the spinach did that.... too much rain?? Anyway, I pulled them all out and replanted... oh well, I'll know for next time. I read somewhere that you should pull off the outer leaves to encourage them to get bushier - do you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's it!?! i thought there would be many more entries then this one to catch-up on, obviously you've been spending more time scrap booking and eating chips and dip and less time blogging : D .... now what am i going to do with my evening?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know about too much rain. In my experience, Alberta never gets too much rain. :-) Drought is all too present.

    I don't pull off the outer leaves. I just randomly cut off the whole plant with scissors and let it regrow.

    ReplyDelete