Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Say NO to Quilt Guilt


After 3 years (or more?), Simon's quilt is finally done and on his bed where it belongs!

I ended up getting some "help" in finishing Simon's quilt, but I am so pleased with the end result!  After I spent countless days/months stressing about how I was going to quilt it on my machine, I finally let go of the guilt and sent it off to be long-arm quilted.  I found a lovely woman (www.quiltasdesired.com) in Dean Park to finish it for me and she did an amazing job!  She even put a rush on it so it would be done by Simon's 12th Birthday - bless her!  Simon was thrilled, I was thrilled, she was thrilled that Simon was thrilled... a win win!!  YAY! 



I've already started on Cameron's quilt.  I bought a Batik jelly roll from a recent quilting show in Victoria.  Love the colours!!  But I'm not sure if I love the pattern I chose... it may be too random??  It's a "3 Dudes Quilting" jelly roll quilt pattern that I found from the Missouri Star Quilt Company.  They have a bunch of really cool UTube videos for jelly roll quilts.  Anyway, I've started sewing my strips together already so I don't think I can change my mind anymore.  I'm sure it will be fine! If anything, it's easy enough that I should have it done quicker than 3 years from now!! :-)



1 comment:

  1. look at you go girl! and Simon's quilt turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete